Re: Auxil. Air Tank ok tip time

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 01:29:03 EST

Ok i was stuck out in the desert once with a blown tire and a spare. No air
pump or anything. So heres my big idea. I took a old spark plug and broke the
 ceramic off of it. than i screwed on a couple of fittings i had and had a
hose fitting adapter on it. had a air hose. dont ask me how it ended up in
the tool box but it was there. So i screwed the MAC GYVER spark plug on the
#1 cyl. than hooked up the hose and pumped up my spare tire. Worked great.
after all a motor is a huge air pump. You may need or want to make better
fittings than i did i was stuck out in the mioddle of nowhere . i am gonna
make more of them just to have around. havent figured out if it would run a
air tool but mabey 4 hooked inline would
hope you like my crazy tip. in a pinch youll think its great. even though you
guys are probably going HUH?
Rob