Re: Auxil. Air Tank ok tip time

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 14:20:48 EST

At 01:29 AM 01/13/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok i was stuck out in the desert once with a blown tire and a spare. No air
>pump or anything. So heres my big idea. I took a old spark plug and broke the
> ceramic off of it. than i screwed on a couple of fittings i had and had a
>hose fitting adapter on it. had a air hose. dont ask me how it ended up in
>the tool box but it was there. So i screwed the MAC GYVER spark plug on the
>#1 cyl. than hooked up the hose and pumped up my spare tire. Worked great.
>after all a motor is a huge air pump. You may need or want to make better
>fittings than i did i was stuck out in the mioddle of nowhere . i am gonna
>make more of them just to have around. havent figured out if it would run a
>air tool but mabey 4 hooked inline would
>hope you like my crazy tip. in a pinch youll think its great. even though you
>guys are probably going HUH?
>Rob

They sell an adapter for this, the downside is that your pumping your tire
up with
a mixture of air and gas =8O. However, on a Dak with TPI, I wonder if you
could
just unplug the wire to the injector on that cylinder?

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)