Check engine light

From: Rob Clutter (rclutter@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 12:36:56 EST

Hi;

My check engine light came on (figures since I have owned the truck just one
week!) and luckily through this site and my Haynes manual I was able to
figure out what was up.

The code is 21, which means a problem with the o2 sensor. I noticed in the
Haynes manual that it says that this part should be replaced at 50k miles,
well the truck just rolled over 50k and the light poped on, coincidence?

Anyway, is this something thats releatively easy to replace? The book says
it on the exhaust somewhere I havent looked yet, where is it?

And, where can I buy one, will this be at the parts store? or a dealer item?

Thanks in advance for all the help, would like to get my light off.

Hate to sound so stupid, I have rebuilt whole engines and done lots of
mechanical work, but never had a vehicle that needed a O2 sensor replaced.

Rob Clutter
Milton TN
rclutter@bellsouth.net