'00 Dak Transmission Trouble

From: Gsnyder201@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 14:44:16 EST

I recently sold my '96 Dak Sport (which never gave me a minutes trouble) and
bought a '00 Dak Quad Cab and after 250 miles the check engine light came on.
 The first time I took it to the dealer they weren't sure what caused the
light to come on since everything was within "specs." Three days later the
check engine light came on again, this time they found the valve body in the
transmission was bad. My truck has the 5.9L with 4 speed automatic and
part-time 4wd. I've been without the truck for over a week now and the
dealer says it should be ready Monday. Has anybody else had a problem like
this with their new Dak, or do I just have bad luck?