Re: Pitman Arm Update

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 22:31:42 EST

Kyle, you may be trying to take off too much. I looked in a Haynes manual I
have for full size Dodge trucks and it appears that you may not have to take
that large nut off the steering box. It does show the use of a "special
tool C-4150" to remove it. That said, what keeps it on the steering box?
It doesn't say, and I've been very disappointed with the Haynes manual for
this reason. I used to stand by the old Motor's Manuals, but I reckon they
went out of business. I ordered my FSM last week - $90 I think.

By the way, I can fax you these pages from Haynes if you think they would
help. Overall though, I think Haynes should stick to underwear.
Cal Hyer