Re: Cold-Air Intake

From: Alex Ross (ajross50@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 19:50:18 EST

Obviously the straighter the run the better. However, the only thing that
is going to notice a difference is a dyno (and even then it will be very
slight). For example, I have the Airaid setup and it uses the stock flexible
rubber tubing. However, the Quick D setup uses a new aluminum tube all the
way to the air hat. The biggest thing, like you already have done, is to
eliminate the factory air box. That is where the restriction is. So, if you
can support your new cone filter some way, then using the factory flexible
tubing is not going to give you a noticible disadvantage as opposed to
replacing it.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd