Lockup Torque Converter Speed Adjustment?

From: Michael J. Satterfield (mikeys01@flash.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 20:49:28 EST

I've got my 97 in the shop now getting a 4.10 LSD installed. I've asked
them if possible to reprogram that $^%# computer so the torque converter
will not lock up at 45 mph in OD. Feels like throwing out an anchor! I
hope the jump from 3.55 to 4.10 will help that! I've asked them to set it at
60mph if possible. Does anyone know of a way to change this parameter in
the computer? The guys at Hypertech said their Power Programmer III due
out this summer would not allow you to change this :(.

Mike

97 Dakota SLT+, 5.2L, 4spd Automatic, Mopar Headers, Flowmaster split single
dual Exhaust, , 9" K&N open air cleaner. (In the shop right now getting a
4.10LSD; Lakewood Traction bars laying in the floor awaiting install)