Re: Firestik vs. Radio Shack

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:24:33 EST

> I'm looking to install my CB in my Dak soon and I want to run dual
> antennae's behind the cab. I checked out Firestick.com and really liked
> their product, but $80.00 for the setup????? I visited Radio Shack Last
> night and took a look at what they had to offer. They have a dual 2ft. and
> dual 4ft. setup, both are around $45.00. The both had a new antennae that
> looked VERY similar to the Firestik. They had the adjustable potentiometer
> in the top and a lifetime guarantee. Is there such a big difference in the
> Firestik that I should spend the extra money? I'm not hat serious about CB
> ing that I feel I need the absolute best, but I don't want crap either.

Without a doubt, spend the extra cash and go with the Firestik
antenna/mounts. I had the Radio Shack Dual 48" antennas on my Dak for about
2 years. The reception was ok, but the moutns rusted fast and the fiberglass
antennas actually started to unweave. I then replaced the antennas and they
did the same thing. This summer, I bought Firestik's stainless steel
adjustable channel mount, stainless steel spring, quick disconnect, FireRing
antenna coax, and a 2foot Firestik II antenna. The antenna is coated with a
nice thick black plastic/rubber coating and is very sturdy. I mounted the
antenna mount/antenna on the driver's side of the hood, up towards to cab
similar to the location of the AM/FM antenna. This setup I not have is
awesome; short enough no to hit overhanging branches or other obstructions,
but tall enough to pick up really good reception. I had too many problems
with the dual 48" antennas with hitting items and not being able to go into
parking garages. Buy the Firestik products and be happy with it; you get
what you pay for and with Firestik you get alot better product and customer
service.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6