Re: Re: Rebuilding an engine and torque readings

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 23:24:39 EST

In a message dated 1/21/00 9:22:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rchapman@iserv.net writes:

> head bolts this is a 4 step thing145lbs then2 65lbs 3rd65lbs 4th 1/4 turn no
> torque wrenchtheres a pattern to do this in i need your engine sizerocker
> arms at 21ft pounds exhoust manifolds25ftpounds intakedoesent say valve
> covers ive just snug them tight this is for my v63.9 hope it helps
> http://www.smokindakota.com/dakotarul2/

I finally found it in my book and it said to do it in 2 steps....50 then to
105, so that's what i did, we'll see how it is when i start it up!!

After what Dester said, I think while I have everything off I'm gonna do that
timing chain. I can be without the truck for another day :->

-Austin
Vipertruck