Re: Re: Rebuilding an engine and torque readings

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 01:00:36 EST

>I finally found it in my book and it said to do it in 2 steps....50 then to
>105, so that's what i did, we'll see how it is when i start it up!!
>
>After what Dester said, I think while I have everything off I'm gonna do that
>timing chain. I can be without the truck for another day :->
>
>-Austin
>Vipertruck

Don't forget to re-torque after you've run the engine and let it fully
cool. Also, the bolts will have to be replaced the next time you take the
heads off. The bolts are torque-to-yield type. They stretch as you torque
them to increase the clamping force. They can only be torqued a few times
before they loose their usefulness.

Have fun

Mike

mschwall@flash.net