Re: RE: Bad Gasmilage... (new)

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 11:49:12 EST

It does seem to be taking alot longer to heat up... I can drive about 2
miles in city driving before it starts to blow warm air.. (the needle dosent
start to move up until about 2 miles either... but after some time it does
blow plenty of heat.. just takes for ever to get there....

Sitting still the gage moves us a little, but as soon as i start moving
again, she drops back down... Could it be a bad t-stat or just too cold?
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
`97 SLT 318 auto CC 2x4 LSD:
Dual Exaust w/Flowmaster, Homemade K&N GEN II, 16" Electric Fan
180 T-stat, Accel 8.5's, Lakewood Traction Bars, F&B Stage 1 TB
ASP Pullies (Crank/Alt), Trans Go Shift Kit, BFG 275/60's
BEST 1/4 15.836 @ 84.93 MPH (w/o bars, 275's, ASP, Shift Kit, intake, tb,
fan)
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

> The 195 (OEM) T'Stats run right before the middle of the gauge. The 180
> T'stats run a little bit lower than that (but not by much). If it's rally
> cold outside and you're moving, the air flow on the radiator (with
> wind-chill) will keep the radiator colder than normal.
>
> How to tell if the truck is running around 180 while driving? You can
> either borrow a scanner (OBD-II Compliant) or install a mechanical temp
> gauge (that has the numbers on it) to see what it's doing. You can check
it
> at idle with the radiator cap off but will need a oven thermometer.
Remove