Re: Re: Gear/Tire help

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 14:20:46 EST

Rhonda,
   Thanks for the info. What year is your truck? I have been told the 4.10s
are the lowest gears available for the Dak (several people told me we only go
up to 3.9X). So, guess I have to up the price a little more and go for
rims now. What kind of back spacing are we going to need to fit the 12.5s?
The price list I have so far is as follows:
Lift Tuff Country 1081.00
        Install 500.00
Tires BFG M/T Radial 147.00/tire 588.00
        mount/balance/hazzard 12.50/tire 50.00
4.10 gears 460.00
        Install 400.00
Rims ???.??

So, looks like before the rims, I am going to dump about $3100 into getting
another 5.5". Wow...this is getting expensive. Of course, these prices may
vary a little, but they are what I have been quoted. If anyone sees anything
I am missing, please let me know. Or, if you see somewhere I can shave a few
bucks, PLEASE let me know. Thanks for the help.

Russ