RE: Lift Blocks WAS:'98 Dakota Tuff Country installation article

From: Marc Sanders (dakota4x@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 17:09:44 EST

I think that's a bit of a generalization. While blocks in large sizes are
generally consiidered detrimental to everything except the ride, there is
nothing wrong with the use of a small block to acheive a small lift. 6 inch
block is WAY too much - I agree with you there, but look at it this way - on
the Ran 2500HD, the FACTORY uses a four inch block in the rear. Why would
Dodge do it if it was such a definate no-no? However, my personal opinion is
that 3 inches is about as big as you'd want a block. anything bigger with
any amount of hp, you're going to get real bad axle wrap - that's just
simple physics.