Re: solid front axle dak.

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 2000 - 19:58:58 EST

I have seen five 4x4 Dakotas with solid front axles. This includes two
members of the Dakota Webring

http://users.sisna.com/jaymc/fourwheeling.htm

and

http://www.angelfire.com/va2/bobalooey/

They have all used Dana 44 front axles from the front of a 78-79 ford
Bronco/F150. The frame of the ford is 34" wide and the frame of the Dakota
is 36" wide between the front wheels. I'm currently gathering parts and
peices to make the conversion myself.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM