Re: torque converters....

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@tocquigny.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 02:14:01 EST

I REALLY liked the 3000 stall in my Camaro, however, peak power didin't hit
until 5900 on HP and 4400 on torque. Results were 1.8 60ft times on Pep Boys
radials and wheel stands w/ slicks. Streetabilty was hurt a liitle though, BUT
only as far as MPG went on the highway, around town the car was MUCH more fun.
To be honest I don't think something like a 2400 or under stall would hurt any
streetablity. On my 91 Dak there was hardly any difference between stock and
the 2400 . However the 2-3 car lengths I immedietly got off the line at the
track definitely let my competititors know I had a stall :)

On newer LS1 camaros I have seen almost a full second dropped off just with a
higher stall!

just my $.59