Re: Re: RE: fuel filters...

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 23:47:02 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> > There is none. Dodge put a sock/screen on the fuel pickup in the fuel
> tank.
> >
> > I'm waiting for my aftermarket fuel filter (and Aeroquip fittings) to
> arrive
> > for installation. As soon as that's done, pictures, part numbers, and
> > instructions are going to be posted.
> >
> > Total Cost for the parts: $90 (And the filter is cleanable)
>
> Another good point to GenII Daks, external fuel filters on the driver's side
> inner frame rail. Total cost for replacement is $12 and it only takes about
> 10 minutes to do! I would imagine it would be fairly easy to adapt an
> external filter to GenIII Daks, but what happens to the in-the-tank
> sock/screen if it gets dirty? I know every time I replace my fuel filter on
> my Dak, I cut it open and I am amazed how dirty the filter actually gets.

   Just a side note: A few of the Gen II Daks have the in-tank filter
also. Dodge changed the fuel system in '94, so '93 Daks are the last to
use the in-line filter on the fuel rail. Other things that are different
are no fuel regulator in the engine bay, and no return line.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'