Re: RE: fuel filters...

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 23:29:49 EST

> There is none. Dodge put a sock/screen on the fuel pickup in the fuel
tank.

> I'm waiting for my aftermarket fuel filter (and Aeroquip fittings) to
arrive
> for installation. As soon as that's done, pictures, part numbers, and
> instructions are going to be posted.
>
> Total Cost for the parts: $90 (And the filter is cleanable)

Another good point to GenII Daks, external fuel filters on the driver's side
inner frame rail. Total cost for replacement is $12 and it only takes about
10 minutes to do! I would imagine it would be fairly easy to adapt an
external filter to GenIII Daks, but what happens to the in-the-tank
sock/screen if it gets dirty? I know every time I replace my fuel filter on
my Dak, I cut it open and I am amazed how dirty the filter actually gets.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6