Re: solid front axle dak. DAMN!!

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 00:59:11 EST

In a message dated 1/23/00 8:00:52 PM, walt_felix@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have seen five 4x4 Dakotas with solid front axles. This includes two
members of the Dakota Webring

http://users.sisna.com/jaymc/fourwheeling.htm

and

http://www.angelfire.com/va2/bobalooey/

They have all used Dana 44 front axles from the front of a 78-79 ford
Bronco/F150. The frame of the ford is 34" wide and the frame of the Dakota
is 36" wide between the front wheels. I'm currently gathering parts and
peices to make the conversion myself. >>

DAMN Walt! those Daks are SWEET! I've been wondering about the conversion
myself, can't do anything more to my Dak for awhile but would love to do a
solid axle sometime in the future! (fender trimming and timing chain
replacement are the current projects at hand)...PleEEEAAAASE if you do this
take detailed pics and instructions, parts, etc...!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC Sport 4x4 3.9L 5-spd
4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's etc...