Re: I need Truck audio help!!!

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 21:28:03 EST

Then you should just wait to blow the lil dual paper coned speakers out and
say damn. There are a lot of aftermarket speakers out there. What are you
trying to achieve? Armor piercing tweeters? killer mid-range? or just not
too serious about it and "what's the best bang for the buck?"
I think you're gonna go with "best bang for the buck" so I would recommend
pioneer/sony 6x9s. you can find a 3-way set for about 70 bucks at audio
stores. I think the pioneers would sound a lot better but it costs about
120ish. If you want Infinity, don't get the "reference series" because those
really suck. for the 4" speakers. I'd see if you can cut the hole any
bigger, because you'll kick yourself for having just tweeters and no mid-bass
upfront where the 4" speakers are. I'm sure you can (don't know by
experience. just pretty sure) cut the hole out a bit more. requires some
time, but hey! it's your truck and your personal enjoyment here... I'd try
to go with a 5.25 at LEAST.... then pioneers are great too. I like
pioneer's "smaller" speakers because their tweeters are really loud compared
to others and it's crisp... For an amp. it's a toss up there.. you just
want one that you can have a high pass filter on it and you're set. On amps.
DON'T buy pioneer...
-Dester

<< Gene, you can just upgrade your stock speakers. Add in a good amp rated
about
 35 to 40 watts rms when you can and it will be plenty loud. Most amps are
 small enough to mount under your seat or behind it. good luck

 Kelly in SC
 '96 CC 5.2