The last air freshener I'll have to buy...

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 00:56:38 EST

A rainy day in Georgia, after putting in 1/2 day at the office, and not
really wanting to spend the rest of the afternoon in a cold woodshop on a
project I've been working on - I decided to try something different. I took
a digital pic of the rams head on the Dakota stripe on my truck and enlarged
it. I then traced it out to a piece of 1/4" cedar closet liner. Cut it out
on the scroll saw and sanded it down. Not perfect, but it looks real nice
and smells wonderful. If you are familiar with cedar, if it ever starts to
lose it's smell, you just give it a light sanding. This should last 100
years or more! Cost was about 3-4 hours, 2 scroll saw blades and one emery
board.
I have a cedar blanket chest that I need to do, when that's done I may try a
larger version which should actually be easier to do.
I took my web site down, e-mail me if you would like to see a pic.
Cal Hyer

PS - I originally posted this Sunday evening. It never appeared on the list
and it never bounced back, puzzling.