Re: M1 manifold total cost

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 21:34:34 EST

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Michael Clark wrote:

> Jon S. and Bill T., I've got a question about the M1. What is the
> ballpark figure on the total cost of this mod including all the extra
> stuff you have to get? I'm seriously considering this to be my spring
> mod in a few months.

   I'm afraid to think about that. ;-) I think the MPI was about
$220 from Koller. I don't remember what the shipping was; probably
another $20-40. I believe I spent around another $130-140 on the
extra stuff, not including the stuff I've bought to R&D the kit I'm
working on. So for me, it was probably around $380-400 or so. Some
of that was trial and error and there are also some one-off parts from
the machine shop in there too. Now that I know what works and the
machine shop has all of the designs stored in their CNC computers,
it should be considerably less. I haven't quite gotten the prices
that I'll have to charge for these kits nailed down yet, and that
price will depend a lot on the engine that the MPI is being installed
on, but with one of my kits, I figure it should be less than $300,
all told. It'll be more without the kit (if you decide to fab up
your own stuff) but since we know what works, at least the R&D
element is no longer involved, so it'll be less than what I spent,
for sure.

> Jon's description of the power increase has
> sold me.... Damn you Jon!! I can't ever save any money reading this
> DML thing! ;-)

    Hee hee hee! Nope, we can't have that! :-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'