Re: SG or not ? (a little long)

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 12:25:36 EST

<< Have you ever changed, or had your differential fluid changed? If so; is
it
 possible you or whoever, failed to replace the friction modifier? I don't
 know if the lifespan of the SG is affected without the presents of this
 modifier. May be someone else who knows and can shed a little light on
 this. >>

The dealer did it to me. He changed the fluid, didn't add the modifier. By
the time I got home, it was popping and cracking like crazy. He didn't think
I had a SG. Idiot. Ended up replacing the whole unit, plus the gears, on his
dime (under warranty)

Yes, the SG rear is affected without the additive. It will trash it within 20
miles.

Scott
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112