Re[2]: 4 Wheel Questions

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 14:37:53 EST

Geez Frank, you are just asking for more confusion! :-) I think this is called
the Quadra Drive On-Demand 4wd system... I don't know the intimate details of
it but I suspect they have simply put something akin to a limited slip device on
the center differential in the transfer case. I'm sure it's much more
complicated than that but it will effectively boil down to something like that.
This would allow the transfer case to "sense" slippage by the rear axle and in
turn provide more and more power to the front axle.

Just remember, you asked! ;-)
Tom