Re: !!!!Airbags and frame notch!!!!

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 02:04:46 EST

>>So what i want to do is lower my 99 Dak (I-4). I want to do a 4/6 drop
but that would
require be to notch the frame. I dont want to do this so i was thinking
about airbags.
With airbags could i drive and the same height as a 4/6 drop but not have
to notch the
frame? What would be the maximum drop i could do (not airbags) without
notching the
frame. I believe its a 3/5 but im not sure<<

depending on what kit you get, you may not be able to get 4 full inches
of drop up front with a 4 banger. I know that the Western Chassis kit you
only get .5" drop with the spring in a 4. just look around. If you bag
it, then you won't need springs and stuff... usually when they bag the
truck they install certain stuff.. ie, dropped spindle and bag and shocks
up front, shackle and hanger and bag out bag... (unless you 4 link it)...
be careful if you bag, in a lot of states it's illegal to have em'... big
tickets and failed state inspections.
You can't drop more than 3" without a notch, and if you bag you will need
a big notch...
a 4/6 in a 97+ is a big drop, you will HAVE to notch or have no
suspension travel in the back and bottom out on every single bump... even
joints in the road will cause your axle to contact the frame... and
baggin' is very expensive... I say, go with a 3/5 and a small notch...
you can always add bags later... the Western Chassis 3/5 comes with a
rear block and adjustable hangers, so you can go anywhere from 3" to 4"..
add the block that comes with it and you get 5"... it allows you to tune
your ride height so to speak...

hope this helps! =)

-mike d.

---> Yorktown, Va.
miggitymike@juno.com
88 LE, slammed, modded, painted, and PARKED =(

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.