Re:Attention deficite or pure Genius

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 12:49:15 EST

I happen to have a K&N Catalog....
Purolator P/N A24372 has Three (yes three) K&N part # references

K&N:
33-2080: 13.437" x 6.625" x 1.25"
33-2048: 11.375" x 9.625" x 1"
33-2084: 13.5" x 6.625" x 1"

To confirm Matt Barrets answer, the cross reference for the 33-2084 is
for the '97 to '99 Dak.
Measure yours, to double check and match with the K&N Part#'s.

FYI, I had a 10" round element and put a digital thermometer inside
of the air element. Temperatures ranged form 100 to 150 degrees,
with outside temps of 80 to 85. With the stock set-up and K&N 33-2084,
temps were around 110 (pretty consistant). As you know colder is better
-
unless you're restricting air. The stock set-up does not feel that much
worse
but it is quieter. I plan to take my Dak to Dyno around mid Feb, and
will
post results of stock vs 10" open air. I want to know how bad the stock

set-up really is (My guess is that it's not that bad for everyday street
use,
with occasional Pedal to the Metal)...

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2, Auto

>Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 02:38:36 EST
>From: FloordYa2@aol.com <mailto:FloordYa2@aol.com>
>Subject: DML: Attention deficite or pure Genius
>
> I went to my local K&N retailer today looking for a K&N drop-in
filter
>and he doesn't have a listing for the 2000 yet and isn't expecting one
for
>atleast 6 mths if then. So I accept my disappointment and decide that
since I
>can't get a K&N I'll just get a replacement filter. Then I go to my
local 5
>star dealer and they are closed. (Of course.) My air filter has been in
for
>6k miles and I know I need another cause I'm going on another long
trip. And
>lookie there Poop Boys. So I go in and ask for one. DECLINED. That's it
I'll
>find one my damn self. I go out to the truck take the air filter out
and head
>to the filter row (about 100 ft long). GREAT!!!! To make a long story
short
>after an hour of matching up my dirty filter to boxes I find it. A
Purolator
>part # A24372. So the gears start going. If I only knew what this
 <snip>