Need Help with Brake Problems

From: Chris Reck (roadkill@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 21:37:57 EST

 I have noticed my brakes are acting strange when I first drive my truck
 after it has been sitting for about 8 hours. The first time I use them, I
 get a grinding noise (like rust on the rotor) and the brakes are extremely
 tight. It takes very little to get the wheels to lock up. Once I do this
 once or twice, the brakes are normal. I am assuming with all the saltwater
 and cold weather, there is some buildup on the brakes.

 Also, I have noticed that after driving at speed for a while, and I have to
 stop, my front brakes seem like they are grabbing the rotor and preventing
 me from moving forward. I have already had the brakes in for service around
 11,500 miles and got the fronts replaced due to warpage and abnormal wear.
 Is this the same thing?

 Thanks!

 Chris
 '99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 Amethyst