RE: Ping Information

From: michael crotty (michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 14:33:09 EST

Bernd wrote:
> all they need to do is set it a little but less
> aggressive and remove the sensor delay? I checked a '98 GM with my
> scanner
> and the timing curve is very similar...with the exception of the sensors
> reacting MUCH quicker.

Bernd, are you sure that the delay is programmed in? Someone else was
saying htat it was as if the computer was too busy to deliver the spark.
But then wouldn't ALL similar daks ping?

I'm thinking a weak connection in the wiring to a sensor, an injector, or
the distributor may cause a delay? That way some daks could have good
connections and some weak. Eh?

My exhaust leak theory didn't pan out, plugged the pipe and listened with
some hose and I think I'm all sealed up. Reading through the FSM, an
intake leak or bad EGR is consistent, but I haven't checked yet. Also the
wiring theory. I'm slow so it'll probably be summer before I check the
next thing. :) I tried a bottle of octane boost and it didn't help when
added to 91 octane. ?! Haven't tried plugs yet.

mike

michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu