Re: Oil plug valve

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 17:45:11 EST

That's great to hear! I was a little skeptical so I opted to not get one
but now that I hear your experience I might go for it! Did you get the
N-type? Are there any clearance issues? The reason I ask is, On the
4.7's, if you have the factory skid plates you have to remove one of the
plates to change the oil (yeah. it's a pain in the arse!!!). I thought
the N-type would be nice then I could just attatch a hose to the outlet
and not even THINK about the skid plate!

>I remember someone posting about the sumitomo oil valve a while back.
>There
>were doubts as to wether it would leak or not. Regardless, I thought it
>was
>pretty neat so I ordered one. Results so far are NO leaks. I cleaned the
>plug
>threads very well and then used a little teflon past on the valve's
>threads.
>Just thought I would share my little discovery with everyone. Oil changes
>are
>so painless I almost...I said "almost!" enjoy them:)

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"