RE: 00/4.7 Ticking noise

From: Josh Stolarz (jstolarz@loa.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 19:58:49 EST

Do you have a TSB# on that fix? I have noticed this noise to, but have been
waiting for my next oil change to bring it in.

Josh

-Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:40:43 PST
-From: "Thomas Strawderman" <t_strawderman@hotmail.com>
-Subject: DML: 00/4.7 Ticking noise

-Just picked up my truck from the shop for the second time for a annoying
-ticking noise in the cab. The first time they said it was a leaking
exhaust
-manifold (nope), second try they said there was a TSB out for a slight
-ticking noise people where complaining about. Just got off the phone with
-the tech that fixed it, he said the TSB called for him to take the ground
-off of the fire wall on the passenger side of the vehicle strip off about
-2in of shielding and reinstall. Seems to have worked it didn't make a
sound
-the whole way home. Kinda a weird thing to cause a ticking noise in the
-cab, but hey if it works.