Re: TB Spacer

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 14:36:14 EST

I was thinking of the ram air effect. If the air has more time to increase
velocity, then the air would be moving at a faster pace when it is needed. I
know, I know, 1.25" doesn't seem like alot, but try that on another vehicle.
That is how the Edelbrock intake for the slow.0 (aka 5.0) mustang works. The
runners are a little larger, yes, but they are also about 1.5" longer in
length. With the Dakota having a single plane intake, this would effectively
add to the length of the runners. Thus increasing air velocity, and air flow
past the valves while they are opening since the air is moving at an
increased speed. Another option we thought of today was to enlarge the outer
part of the plate, drill and tap, and set it up to be water cooled from an
exterior source. In other words, add a seperate electric water pump(a small
one) and use it to cool the incoming air. Anyway, just thought I would give
you the reason behind the insanity.

Will
96 Dakota ext. cab
Cylindrically Challenged V-6