5 lug conversion

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 16:13:21 EST

I am sorry if this has been discussed lately on the
list....the archives were acting strange so I went
straight to the source.

I noticed that some people have done a 6 lug to 5 lug
conversion on 91+ dakotas. I have a 92 and wanted to
do the same thing.

I was wondering if all you have to buy is the 90
dakota rotors to do the front?

Do these rotors fit the 92 calipers without any
interference?

And for the back I was going to have Moser re-drill
the axles (i live in Indiana near Portland).

Do 90 rear drums fit the 92 drum brake setup?

I am looking to put 17x8 all around. Will this cause
any clearance problems, and what is the maximum or
recommended backspacing? I am thinking about
255/50/17's or 255/45/17 whichever are cheaper.

thanks for your time.

Gregg Omo
92 V6 CC