Re: 5 lug conversion

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 01:06:31 EST

dak_fan92@yahoo.com writes:

> I am looking to put 17x8 all around. Will this cause
> any clearance problems, and what is the maximum or
> recommended backspacing? I am thinking about
> 255/50/17's or 255/45/17 whichever are cheaper.
>
> thanks for your time.
>
> Gregg Omo
> 92 V6 CC

Greg, I run 245/45/17's up front on 8 inch rims. My '96 has the fender flares
and they sit flush wit them. On the inside they are backspaced to the max (I
don't remember exactly off hand) and I get very minimal rubbing on the
drivers side at full lock. Take in mind my truck is lowered 2" up front, I
lost close to an inch of clearance when I dropped it. I'll try and get a
measurement on how far they are backspaced in the morning. Hope this helps.

Kelly in SC
'96 CC 5.2