Re: Tailgaters

From: Johnson Sgt Michael D (JohnsonMD@lejeune.usmc.mil)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 08:57:08 EST

I've got a 15 mile commute on a divided highway with a speed limit of 55mph.
I run between 65 and 70 for the entire length. I stay out of the left lane
whenerver I can. I'm in no real hurry, just like the way the truck runs at
that speed. Is there a need to go any faster, I don't think so. Do what I
do to tailgaters. When you see a car going 50 in the right hand lane, match
his speed. Drives them crazy. Normally I do this for a few minutes before
they back off, or I let them go by, but If you're really mean, depress the
go pedal to the floor when they try to pass, and do it again at the next
car. Road rage you ask? Maybe, but when you can only see the roof of the
Grand Am behind your tailgate, it is time to send a message. And yes, I've
been known to hit the brakes hard to avoid the "deer" on the edge of the
road before too. STAY OFF MY ASS!!

Sorry pet peeve
Mike Johnson
99 Black Spt+ CC 4x4 318
AirAid, Gibson Dual Exhaust
35% Tint on Door Windows, All graphics removed
31x10.5 BFG MT's
Black Chrome Diamond Tread Toolbox
Swansboro, NC