Re: Skid Plates - Revisited

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 13:11:04 EST

Isn't that the whole purpose of skid plates? To absorb the "nicks and
gouges"? What would have been "nicked and gouged" if the skid plate
hadn't been there in the first place? I would think that a pretty skid
plate would mean that your not wheelin hard enough ;-) disclaimer -->my
skidplates are still pretty!

>Tim, sounds like it's gonna be a wait-and-see kinda thing. I got the
>crappy
>skids from the factory on my 2000. The one under the gas tank is
>actually
>metal though.
>So whenever Mopar comes out with some metal ones, i'll get those and
>replace
>the plastic puppies that already have a few nicks and gouges in them.
>And
>i've only taken her in the mud like 4 times.
>Good luck, it might be a long wait though.....
>
>Frank WJ

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"