Re: Legal ?'s on EMERGENCY STROBE LIGHTS

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 22:32:56 EST

>What about sirens? Everyone ignores regular car alarms. I was thinking
>about ordering a police siren and hooking that bad boy into my alarm.
>People LOOK when they hear those sirens.
>
>--
>Dave

I don't know if it's legal or not, but I figure if it was, alarms would
come with them. I think official sirens are not to be duplicated and put
in regular non-emergency vehicles. After a while of hearing the siren,
people will disregard a true official thinking it's just a car alarm.

Just my opinion/observation, who knows, maybe it is legal.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net