RE: Legal ?'s on EMERGENCY STROBE LIGHTS

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 18:54:51 EST

> >What about sirens? Everyone ignores regular car alarms. I
> was thinking
> >about ordering a police siren and hooking that bad boy into my alarm.
> >People LOOK when they hear those sirens.
> >
> >--
> >Dave
>

> I don't know if it's legal or not, but I figure if it was,
> alarms would
> come with them. I think official sirens are not to be
> duplicated and put
> in regular non-emergency vehicles. After a while of hearing
> the siren,
> people will disregard a true official thinking it's just a car alarm.
>
> Just my opinion/observation, who knows, maybe it is legal.

A siren box isn't a good idea anyway. The current draw is extremely high and
will trash a battery in no time, it's even worse if you are running strobes
or flashing your headlights. You could get ticketed for noise pollution(and
yes those laws do exist, and in some communities can be very costly!).

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ