Re: Law, can anyone put it in english?

From: Mark Johnson (mAARk@wrlc.org)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 14:53:35 EST

At 08:07 PM 02/03/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I just dont understand it.. With the way I see it, No one can drive the
>older Mustang GT's (They have the slotted tailight covers, along with the
>new ones... I was told by the state police when I called, that NO NONE ZIP
>tailight covers were legal
>I'm not going to court over it... so its no biggie.. just that I'm pissed =)

I lived in Virginia for many years, and their laws have always seemed
arbitrary.
In the van craze of the '70s, you couldn't run side pipes (very hip at the
time)
on vehicles not originally equipped with exhaust exiting in front of the
rear tires.
So my Chevy couldn't run them, but I believe a Dodge could. The diameter of
your steering wheel had to match an available size for the vehicle year and
model.
Add to that the annual safety inspections and you were screwed if you drove a
modified vehicle and couldn't find an inspector who would cut you some slack.
In the '80s we used to get hassled for "lifted" vehicles all the time.

Good luck, sorry no advice, just stay cool and say "Yes sir" a lot and maybe
you'll stay on their good side.

Mark Johnson (mAARk) Pasadena, Maryland. '92 Dakota V6/Auto daily driver!
1970 AAR 'Cuda, Sassy Grass Green, weekend cruiser and rough show car.
1973 Challenger, Med. Blue, 318/2bbl,daily driver,future 360 muscle car!
1940 Chrysler Royal Coupe,440/auto,under construction, future street rod!
See my cars and my huge AAR gallery @ http://aar.moparweb.com (Thanks Chris!)