Re: exhaust mod

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 12:24:24 EST

Aluminized steel pipe will not rust out as quick as plain steel. If you
have a modified motor pumping out high exhaust temperatures, you may see
some rusting at the manifold or header collector joints. It's steel pipe
coated with aluminum. I have an aluminized steal muffler than is two years
old and still has no rust. The exhaust shop I went to didn't carry
aluminized steel, so I used regular steel (none Dakota application).

What size engine do you have? That's the main question that needs to be
answered before anything can be recommended, otherwise it's just guessing.

Mike

mschwall@flash.net