RE: Mopar fuel tank skid plate 97-99

From: David's Dakota (dakota@ivyleague.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 19:12:25 EST

Ok...not that I am done ranting about my problems let me see if I can help
Randall out:

>> All I received was the plate itself

If memory serves me correctly the gas tank skip plate uses only the built on
hanger style brackets and hooks up something like this...the hanger brackets
go on the side of the gas tank away from the frame rail and slip over the
same long bolts that hold on the gas tank ( I chose to leave the gas tank
bolted on and just use another nut to hold the skid plate on ) the other
side of the skid plate actually lines up with a couple of holes in the frame
rail of which you use self tapping screws to secure down.

>> and two triangular brackets.

The only triangular brackets I had were used to secure another bracket to
the truck that then secured the back of the front diff skid plate.

I just went and looked at my FSM ( just got it a couple of weeks ago ) and
there is one triangular support bracket for the gas tank...guess I need to
go see Ray-Paul again.

>> The dealer seem to think that this
>> is all that is in the package.

Interesting concept...a dealer that thinks.

Send me your email address and I will scan the page from the FSM, it shows a
breakdown of all three skid plate assemblies, and email it to you.

David Martin
98 SC 5.2l 4x4

My trucks email:
dakota@ivyleague.net