98 4X4 Problems

From: Drew Schofield (droopie@midsouth.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 21:19:42 EST

Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 17:43:35 -0500
From: Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: DML: 98 4X4 Problems

4x4, getting 17+ MPG? What engine? Any mods? I only saw 17 ONCE on my
'99 4x4 w/ Auto and a 318, and that was when I had about 700 miles on it
and made a one-day 280 mile run, all highway at 70+.

====

I've got a 5.2 Auto, 3.55 with the 31x10.50's....the original Goodyears have
52,000 on them, but are being replaced next week or two. I've got a K&N
drop in, I cut off the inlet to the airbox and ran a straight tube out past
the radiator, I have a JET Stage 2, 180 thermostat, moved the IAT to the Air
Hat, run Mobil 1 0W30, and run the tires about 40 psi on the paved
roads...about 32 off road. I still need to put synthetics in the front and
rear diffs. I avg a pretty solid 16+ on the highway, but on long trips at
73-77 it will knock down about 17.3. I had to have the stock computer
replaced back in May and it got better then to...don't know if the PCM had a
better program or what, but I put my JET back on and have noticed the better
MPG. I think it's just nice and broke in now to.

Drew Schofield
droopie@midsouth.rr.com
www.angelfire.com/tn/page4drew