Re: R/T versus 5.0 Stang

From: Matt Keast (mkeast@golden.net)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 23:35:32 EST

Sorry about that......it's acutally a 95' 5.0 Mustang. I had the year
wrong....I couldn't remember
if it was '95 or '96 that was the last year of the 5 litre. Anyways, I
pretty much figured that I would
have trouble keeping up with a 5.0 Stang...atleast off the line. From what
I've noticed it seems very fast early on but abit sluggish in higher gears.
It's fast but I'm not impressed with it otherwise.
Lots of rattles coming from everywhere (very annoying) just doens't feel
like it is well put together.
I will probably give it a try anyway!....

> '96 was the first year of the 4.6L motor. I personally think most years of
> Stangs w/ that engine are slugs. They're heavy and rated at about 225HP
with
> much less torque than the Dakota. On the dyno, most I have seen only
pulled
> about 150-170HP Granted there is a weight difference I think superior
torque
> will pull you ahead from the line. Hot Rod got a Dakota R/T regular cab to
pull
> a 14.68 by manually shifting back in 98 I think. On the other hand the Hot
Rod