RE: Dynofest

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 11:22:13 EST

OK George! What was the GTS HP and LB?

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD,MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps
mailto:stlaurents@mctssa.usmc.mil (work)
mailto:Saint1958@home.com (home)
Office: (760) 725-2296

-----Original Message-----
From: George Hernandez [mailto:georgeh@tocquigny.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 7:05 AM
To: DML
Subject: DML: Dynofest

Well I had a good time. All the guys at the shop liked my R/T over the
camaros
and firechickens. "It's not a dime a dozen" they commented:)

OK here's the hard data! My corrected numbers came out to:
225.3 HP
315.1 ft/lbs

uncorrected was
231.0 HP
no uncorrected torque reading due to error

Last time corrected numbers were:
208.4 HP
289 ft/lbs at the same RPM

Unfortunately I couldn't get any info under 3500 RPM this go around. FYI at
like 3000 RPM my torque was close to 325 ft/lbs last time. So either I moved
my
powerband up, or my torque just increased significantly all around.

Overall a good improvement w/ the exhaust and cold air. Not yet where I
wantto
be, but not bad none the less. Not too shabby for a truck, although Istill
lost
my best to Drew (91 IROC Z28 w/ cam & headers) by about .9HP doh!It was nice
meet everyone. I'm sorry about those who showed up andcouldn't get squeezed
in.
I was originally under the impression that dynotests would continue until
about
3 like last time. Next time I'll check it out more closely.

-George