Idling Search for 2000 4.7

From: Slakies (Slakie@erols.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 18:55:31 EST

I was on the Edmunds Pick up conference this afternoon and there is a Dakota
II thread running which describes a widespread fluctuation in RPMs on the
tack when disengaging the clutch and slowing down on the 5 speed, Dakota
2000 with the 4.7. I was glad to see this thread and discussion because I
am experiencing this problem on mine. One guy was attributing this problem
to the engine searching for the right idle because on this model it is no
longer a cable but a computer signal which engages the accelerator. Another
guy described this as a computer learning problem and that in his case the
computer finally learned the right setting for idle and he no longer has the
problem. I saved the write up unfortunately I forgot to send it home so I
could post it here. Is anyone else having this problem?

Ron S.