Re: Dakota questions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 22:05:26 EST

At 02:21 PM 2/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip> What year did you race your first Mopar at Cayuga??? Dave Waco

Hi, Dave.

Last year was the first year that I raced at Cayuga and with the Dak.

The Shelby Turbo Charger has been garaged since about 1986. My son
was intending on racing it at Cayuga last year but hopefully next year.
He finally got the diy cowl hood painted and installed to go with
the intercooler which sits on top of the tb and was in the process of
checking out everything to make sure they were up to spec.

I picked up the Challenger in Dec. '93 in Norman, OK with 39,500 orig.
miles (now 46,700). In stock form back in '70, the Challengers did the 1/4
at around 14.9 with a 440-4bbl (about 3700-3900 lb with 3.23 gears) so I
thought
it would be neat to see if a mildly modded mag 318 could do that in the Dak.

Bob