Re:electric sg'er ATTN: bernd cams attn Mike S.

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 12:14:38 EST

Mike Schwall wrote:

> Sure you could spend $300 for little gain.
> Where are the dyno results for
> the 5-15 HP for the headers, and another 5-15 for a TB? Maybe both the
> headers and TB would get you 10 HP, but not 30 for both.
> Prove me wrong with dyno results.

> A properly selected cam change would get you a minimum of
> around 25 HP. If the cam is selected properly, I wouldn't
> be surprised if you gained 50-60 HP. Next would be fuel system and
> injectors. Then hotter ignition, and some porting and polishing work
> on the intake and heads. Then a programmable computer. Then is goes
> up from there.

You challenge Bernd for dyno results on his e ram and then turn around
and post the above info, WITH NO DYNO RESULTS or PROOF?

These are effective ways to raise engine power for sure, but how much hp
it will provide is entirely up to the mechanic who installs and tunes
it.
Not to mention the redical change in drivability and mileage.

Alan S.