Re: Compact Truck Sales-Dodge slumped in 1999

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 22:50:31 EST

I wonder how the full size ram sales were. I can think of 3 contributing
factors:

1. Price on the Dak isn't that much (if any) less than the full size.
Many people opt for the full size for the extra room since the price is
about the same.
2. Dealers, at least in this area, don't want to negotiate much.
Basically their attitude is "you want a Dakota size truck, we're the only
one on the road. Pay what we ask or go buy a Ranger or S-10"
3. When I bought our '99 last July, there was slim pick'ns. The dealers
told me they had very few and couldn't even order any as they were waiting
for DC to start shipping 2000's.

I shopped at at least 6 dealers before finding the one I purchased. The
attitude mentioned in #2 above was expressed to me at each of them when I
tried to play the "I'll look at an S-10 if you can't do some better..."
Cal Hyer