88 Results II

From: Chris Lambert (clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 22:57:36 EST

teh last 6 runs in the previous list were made tonight, about 40 degrees,
damp and sandy roads. Times and mph improved if the convertor was not
stalled up for the launch, this made for horrid traction. Also I
determined through a couple back to back runs with the tailgate up/down
(not recorded) was worth about 2 tenths. The truck is an 88 V6 Longbed
with an 518 non-lockup and 3.55 SG. The perf mods are FABM, 180 thermo,
Accel 50,000 volt coil, brass cap and rotor, 8.8mm wires, rapidfire plugs,
turbo muffler (factory 2" pipe and no tailpipe, just a turndown), and a
hollowed Cat. The OD was left off, and manually shifting at anything
higher than teh 4500RPM shift point was detrimental to times as the tranny
did not want to catch the next gear. Can anyone think of anything else I
can try I desperately want to break the 17's without dumping any more cash
int her (she's for sale). Oh and all this was with my new G-Tech.

Chris Lambert