RE: cheap rims help!!! Greg

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 12:20:04 EST

steven,

(I know this works for 91-96 Dakotas, not sure about
the newer Daks)

Well, the 90 dakotas (probably 87-90, not positive
though) have 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern. I am assuming
that is the ford pattern that you are referring to. I
have always heard that ford and older mopars have the
same bolt pattern.

What you need to do is buy (your truck is 2wd I am
assuming) 90 front brake rotors,$80+/- each, they bolt
right on. As for the rear, have the drums re-drilled,
$30+/-, then have your rear axles re-drilled, $50+/-.
I know Moser (Portland, Indiana) does this for that
price. You can find their add in Hot Rod...I don't
have the number with me, I will e-mail it tonight if
somebody else doesn't.

I guess it comes to around $250+/-, but the problem is
that I don't think that 10" wide rims will fit in the
front...maybe, the R/T's are 9.5". Should be
interesting.

Anyway, I know for a fact that Terry Delong,
Pro-finish/Pro-glass, has a 92 Dak and he did this
conversion (on the rear he used an axle out of an old
Mopar car, can't remember which one, and had it
shorten and re-drilled by Moser, and he uses 15x10),
but the front was a simple swap. Don't have his
number with me either. I am sure that it is in the
archives or somebody has it.

Sorry so long, Hope this helps....clear as mud I am
sure.

Gregg
92 V6 CC

--- Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil>