Re: RE: i have a truck problem(broken bolts)

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 11:59:39 EST

> If it isn't leaking, and doesn't bother you. Leave it alone. For myself,
> it would probably bug the devil out of me just knowing it was broken. I'd
> have to fix it. Did you break it off at the block, or is there still a
> portion of the stud remaining? If broken off flush, you can drill it out
> and try using an ez-out (please excuse spelling). If you have a portion
of
> the stud remaining, you can clamp on a vise-grip and twist out the
remaining
> threaded piece. (You might want to use a penetrating oil first.)

Yeah but would you really spend all that time taking the manifold off,
soaking the bolt, drilling it out, etc, etc etc?? I mean I dont really like
the idea I have a broken off manifold bolt, but those E-Z-OUTs dont relly
work that great. This broken manifold bolt is really the only thing keeping
me from buying some headers for my V6 this Summer. If there is a more
feasible way to get it out, let me know. I was thinking about taking the
manifold all the way off, soaking it with some PB Blaster, and then heating
it up really good with a propane torch. Would heat help the bolt come out or
would it be better to have it as cold as possible? Great......got me
thinking now.........looks like the bolt is coming out this Spring
Break!!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
Kyle