Re: DML - Problem shifting into O/D

From: Benjamin Reid (cbradio58@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 08:43:16 EST

Well If I were you instead of asking, go and get it looked at. Since there
are over 300 moving parts in a automatic trany it is hard to tell whatthe
problem is believe me it will cost a small fortune if you wait. Please save
your self the trouble and get it looked. It cost me $4000.00 tax included to
get mine rebuilt and to let you know I have a 92 4x4 Dak with the V8.

>From: Jetmugg@aol.com
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: DML - Problem shifting into O/D
>Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:06:50 EST
>

>Recently, I've had problems with my'92 5.2L Dak not wanting to shift into
>O/D. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. In the past, when this has
>happened, the fault has been with the speed sensor on the side of the
>transmission. After 133,000 miles, the truck is on it's third speed
>sensor.
>My concern is that this time, the problem may not actually be in the speed
>sensor, and actually lies inside the tranny. Are there any tranny experts
>out there who know the inner workings of what makes the a-518 tranny shift
>into O/D, and what might be preventing it from shifting?
>
>Steve.

Benjamin R. Reid
      Dodger